CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

28.1.08

i need some advice...

so we're moving on saturday. and besides being worried about not having nearly enough packed yet, the water and electric, the fence not being fixed and not having much man power for the move, i have to figure out a way to move my piano!

its an OLD upright...its sooooo heavy. and while i know its moved several several times with my family, this will be the first time i've had to think about it. so any advice i can have regarding this difficult item's move would be much appreciated, along with prayers for everything else to run smoothly....thanks in advance!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Do you have some strong guys to help you move? :)

Cover it with all the blankets/comforters in your house to protect it during the move.

Lista said...

You should ask Dre...I think she's moved a piano. Or at least supervised the moving of one!

Michelle said...

Uh I agree with Rachel...Strong men, also those strap things to put over it and hold it tight, and a rolly thing to get it from a truck to the ground...hope that helps:)

Andrea said...

You really need to have professional piano movers move it. Not regular movers, piano movers. If I recall, it's not very expensive at all. I had some guys come pick up my old piano and they ended up breaking 2 of the pedals off. And they were "professional" movers. Call your local music store and ask about it. And good luck with the move, that's never fun!

Moi said...

Ack, moving can really suck. I'm not sure how my parents got their piano in the house, but it involved tearing the porch off the house only to find it didn't fit through the front door. As for who moved it, erm...hmmm, uh...want to borrow a geezer? He's looking for any excuse out of work today.
(Calling a music store sounds like a good idea.)

Christina said...

Doug and his brother have moved both of my pianos twice. (yes, that's right, I have two pianos, if yours gets broken I'll be more than happy to give you one of mine.) Did you know that your piano doesn't need it's legs to stand upright? In fact, I would recommend taking them off (they should just unscrew) to move it. You can buy discs to put under it to help you move it. They're just a few dollars, and much cheaper than hiring someone. It will take at least three guys probably. No matter what, it will need retuned after being moved. Good luck!

Brooke said...

The answer is simple:
Give Justin some meth. Lot's of meth.

In his drug-induced rage and adrenaline overload, moving a piano will be no problem at all.

Josh